29 Mar 2010

And Then, the life goes on....

I woke up yesterday to just notice the time had changed.   
It went one hour forward, so thought of it was 8 and then it was actually 9....which was the time to start working!  I got panicked, changed the clothes quickly and then.... here we go, clumsy Moe, knocked the glass full of water over my shaby but still very hardworking laptop. Shame. 
I will bring it into the Apple Store tomorrow and get the quote, thinking  if it'll be over £200, might get a new G5.  Anyway I cannot type in Japanese for a while.  Sorry for this inconvenience.  Hope someone may still read in my wired dodgy English.  


So that was Sunday Morning and the whole day went on like this, in a more striking way. 
After rushing around the house, I was preparing food for my colleague 'Mr.K's birthday lunch.  Then there was a call from one of the supervisors, telling  the death of Sylvia.  She was the lady with learning disability, also one of the oldest member in the community.  She had had a heart operation and been recovering slowly in the hospital but the condition suddenly dropped in the Sunday morning.  Some were feeling she might not be able to come back home but none excepted her death would come so quickly.  


But the life still would go on...as usual.  There were lots of people still to come for the lunch.  I was chopping bacon for baked potato's topping, crying  and also trying to contact my colleagues and friends who should hear Sylvia's death.  I opened my email account and then, there was a news from Japan.  My ex-colleague couple welcomed thier new baby 'Kai' into this world.  


So wierd.  Everyday, every second, people die and born everywhere in the world but those two really mysterious moments happened on the exactly same day within my life.    The two facts, which may not seem to be connected to each other at all and which seem to be contracted to each other, do happen at the same moment indeed and start invloving people around them.  Everyone who knows both Sylvia and this couple in Japan experienced the dynamic mixture of  of saddness, loss, birth and joy yesterday.


I give thanks to the life of Sylvia, that kept welcoming people without tiring.
I give thanks to the whole life to come to Kai, that still yet unseen but will be so beautiful for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment